Friday, May 20, 2011

IF: Soaked

Another quick and simple one for Illustration Friday from this morning's warm-up sketches:
A wet cat is a grumpy cat. I know that from first-hand experience. Since this little guy is a kitten, he'll probably bounce back from the unpleasant shock of being drenched pretty quickly and be right back at the bowl batting at the goldfish.

On an aside - Over the course of our three years here in Texas, I thought I'd seen all the variety of spring-time wildflowers central Texas has to offer, but this spring proved me wrong. So, I'm back again this year with my annual wildflower season post:
Poppies and ? This large field is located in Richardson, right next to the library and just off the highway. I love that even very urban parts of Dallas are sprinkled with these breath-taking patches of color!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Haha, so funny!! Love the facial expression, great job!

Chris Harrington said...

Love your stuff! And I see your a SCBWI Member too, I just joined about 2 weeks ago. Just stepping into the world of children's book publishing.

Anonymous said...

Wow amazing illustration so cute!!

Phyllis said...

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! And welcome to SCBWI, Chris!

MrBibleHead said...

This is so great Phyllis. You nailed the drenched cat look and expression. I love your blog!