Saturday, July 2, 2011

IF: Remedy

I thought I'd revisit the squirrels for this week's Illustration Friday topic in this rough sketch, wherein the remedy is hot chocolate:I did a second sketch on the topic. This is me. Sort of...

Probably not a very well-proportioned me, but who can tell with the blanket, right? I've developed a bit of a reputation for being cold all the time. My family likes to tease me about it. Blankets are common Christmas presents for me - which is not a bad thing at all since, as you can see, I like them. They're both decorative and functional after all. My husband likes to ponder the reasons for my chronic coldness. Current theories revolve around my having poor circulation or quite possibly "a small, cold heart." It couldn't simply be that when I'm cold it's because it's just plain cold outside, could it?

5 comments:

Alison said...

I feel cold all the time too (except for about a month in summer)! I love both of these sketches.

Maria Bogade said...

I very much like the quality of your sketches! Wonderful work!

Roberta Baird said...

Cold hands.... warm heart!
Great sketches!

Ridhs said...

you have sum great art over der..my moms also an artist and i am partially one,so i know how mch work goes into it al!they are very pretty,esp d one wid u curled in d blanket!

Phyllis said...

Thanks for all the comments! I'm glad you're enjoying my little sketches!