Monday, October 18, 2010

The Cricket & the Ant

I have yet another autumn-themed painting to post appropriately enough during autumn, however I'd completed this one many months ago. This piece is the second of six paintings illustrating the fable, "The Cricket & the Ant."
© Editura Eduard within Romania
©Phyllis Peacock everywhere else
You might notice the colors are quite a bit brighter than my usual palette and for me this was a big challenge. I made the colors as bright as I reasonably could using my traditional media and then after scanning, I did A LOT of color adjustment in Photoshop.

2 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

H Phyllis, I have to say that I'm in love with your art!

I've been enjoying your blog and posts. I see what you mean about the difference in color palette and saturation on this piece compared to your other work. This happens to me as well, some publishers just prefer brighter colors. Although I think this one is lovely I do prefer your regular color scheme too.

Beautiful work!! I'll visit your blog for sure again. :o)

Alicia

Phyllis said...

Thanks Alicia! I think I prefer my usual color schemes too, but I think the challenge was good for me. It'll be interesting to see how/if I can incorporate some of these kinds of brighter colors into my work from this point forward. We shall see...

I took a quick peek at your site - such a sweet style! Very nice!