No hiking this week, sadly, as our car is still very much out of commission, but I did finally finish up my "Wheat Wife" painting:
I was going for an earthy look, but I feel like this turned out a bit more drab than I had intended. It was the sort of image that was really cool in my head, but on paper it's just a bit lacking. I had problems with the contrast between the snow and ground. The ground should be really dark from the dampness of melted snow, but it looks too high-contrast if I darken it, so I left it lighter than it really should be.
All of my little old ladies seem to end up looking the same. I guess I should try to diversify.
Well, at least I've got this one out of my head and down on paper. On to something new!